ABOUT INSTITUTE FOR DESIGN OF ELECTRICAL MEASURING INSTRUMENTS
IDEMI is an Organization established by the Government of India in the year 1969 as a service to Instrument Industry Organisation.
The main objective of setting up this Institute was to gear up the growth potential of indigenous instrument industry and hence to meet the ever growing instrumentation needs of the country by augmenting productivity quality control in industrial sector – be it in Electrical, Electronics or Process Control Instruments.
The Institute is looked upon a nodal centre in view of its multifarious activities offered to suit various needs of instrument industry.
The Institute offers following services to the Instrument Industry :
- 1 Technical Consultancy in various aspects of Instrumentation.
- 2 Industry sponsored projects in the Design & Development of Electrical, Electronic & Process Control Instruments & Transducers. Know how available may be transferred to interested party either exclusive or non-exclusive basis.
- 3 Calibration and Testing of Electrical, Electronic and Process Control Instruments, Sensors, Transducers & Electrically Operated Domestic appliances.
- 4 Calibration of Mechanical Measuring Instruments & Inspection of Mechanical Products & Components.
- 5 Technical Training for wide range of professionals in numerous disciplines of Instrumentation.
- 6 Design & Manufacturing of Press Tools for sheet metal components, Plastic Moulding Tools, Forging Tools, Pressure Die Casting Tools, Jigs & Fixtures.
- 7 Manufacturing of critical mechanical components and maintenance spare parts required for Instrument Industry. IDEMI is rendering its services through its various Laboratories, Training Department & Mechanical Workshop.