The Measurement of temperature, which is an important process variable is becoming increasingly important in many fields of activity. For practical day-to-day thermometry a more readily realizable scale of temperature is the International Temperature Scale ITS-90 covering the temperature range – 270.15° C to 1084.63° C. It is defined by temperature values assigned to a number of fixed temperature phenomena, i.e. the triple points, boiling points and freezing points of certain materials. Resistance thermometers and thermocouples constructed in a specified manner are used to interpolate between fixed points. ITS-90 relates closely enough to the fundamental thermodynamic temperature scale for all practical purposes (See Table I) At the National Physical Laboratory, the temperature sensors are calibrated at fixed points and other values for different Temperature are obtained by interpolation .
At the Institute constant temperature furnaces or baths are used for calibration. The method adopted is by comparing the mV of the under test with the Standard Thermocouple in the cases of thermocouples or comparison of resistance of the under test Platinum Resistance Thermometer with the Standard PRT. In both the cases the deviation can be worked out Table II gives in detail the various baths/furnaces used Table III lists the primary standards for temperature measurement at IDEMI laboratory.Back
The Electrical Measuring Instrument Calibration Laboratory is Accredited Laboratory by NABL (National Accreditation Board of Laboratories, New DelhiAccreditation No. (C 085 ).This Laboratory is equipped with State-of-Art Standard Measuring Instruments having an accuracy from 0.001% to 2 % and covering wide variety of Electrical Measuring Parameters.
Laboratory undertakes the Calibration of following Electrical Measuring Equipments:
1. DCV, DCA, AC Power Meter
2. Rotary Sub-standard Meter
3. Static Sub-standard Meter
4. Power line Transducer
5. Power line Analyzer
6. Resistance, Capacitance, Inductance Bridge
8. Current Transformer up to 3200 A
9. ACV, ACA, AC (1 & 3-phase) Hz, pF, kVA, RkVA, KWH, kVAh, RkVAh, Phase Angle Meter
10. Potential Transformer up to 33 kV
11. Contact as well as Non-contact Type Tachometer
12. 3 ½, 4 ½, 5 ½, 6 ½ Digital Multimeter
13. Shunt, Clamp-on-Meters, Meggers, Decade LCR Boxes
14. Electrical Calibration Laboratory also undertakes the Calibration & Testing job at site / field
15. AC/DC High Voltage Measurement.
FLUKE 5500A Calibrator Multifunction Standard for Calibration of Digital Multimeters SPECIAL FEATURES
I. Precision Static Energy Meter Calibration
The Laboratory is regularly calibrating and certifying Precision Static Energy Standards like
1. L & G make TVE 102 / E (Class 0.05
2. Schlumberger make SM 3050 (Class 0.07)
3. Zera, TPZ 303 (Class 0.02)
by using Three Phase Power and Energy Calibration Standard ROTEK, Model 8000 – 3P having an accuracy of 0.01% and Standard Watt-Converter Model ROTEK MSB 001 A having an accuracy of 0.005%. Various Electricity Boards in the country such as MSEB, MPEB, GEB, Goa Electricity Board, KSEB, NTPC, BSES, BEST, Grid Corporation of India and several other private organizations are availing these facilities to calibrate their Energy Standards.
II. Harmonic Analysis
Electrical Calibration Laboratory is having large experience to carry out the Harmonic Analysis in Carbon, Chemical, Cement, Still & all other Continuous Process Plants. Harmonic Analysis is carried out by using DRANETZ ENERGY ANALYSER MODEL 8000-2 having harmonic analysis option HUR - 50. Following are the features of the Harmonic Analyser:
1. Measurements made easy by clamp-on CTs
2. No shut down for continuous Process Plants
3. Sample rate every 5 seconds
4. Instant printouts of data for power line parameters like V, I, W, Vcf, Icf, Vthd, Ithd PF etc.
5. Printout of phasor diagrams and wave shapes
6. Measurement of Individual Harmonics & their phase angle w.r.t. fundamental.
7. All printout contains the date and time of the measurement.
Best Measurement Capability for Electrical Calibration
* For more details about Best Measurement Capability for Electrical Calibration
Following table gives the list of Dead Weight Testers used in the laboratory along with their operational ranges and accuracies. When using the DWTs, corrections for temperature and variation due to acceleration in gravity (Nominal Pressure x g/9.80665) are also incorporated.
For low pressure measurements (0.1 – 1.0 Bar) a mercurial manometer of Wallace and Tiernan make with an accuracy of ± 0.02% of full scale is used. The manometer has inbuilt setting for temperature and gravity correction.
An electronic standard (Ruska DDR – 6000)
is used for measurement of pressure up to 2000 psig with an accuracy of ± 0.004% of the full scale. Here nitrogen or argon is used as the medium of calibration. This is a very precision instrument employing quartz bourdon tube as the sensor adopting the Force Balance Technique. Strain gauge bonded type sensors ( 0 – 1000 psig ) with 3 ½ digits readout are also used with an accuracy of ± 0.05% of F.S. Digital Pressure Indicator Heise Model 711 of range –1 to 7 kg/cm2 and accuracy ± 0.05% of F.S. is also used for calibration. The laboratory is also equipped with standard test gauge covering a range from 0 – 3000 kg/cm2 with accuracies of ± 0.1% to ± 0.2% F.S. The Standard Test Gauges are calibrated with our Dead Weight Testers calibrated at the National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi.
Dead Weight Tester Calibration
The calibration of Dead Weight Tester is done by using the Cross-Float System. The dual base system covers a Pneumatic Range (0.25 to 35 Bar) and Hydraulic Range (2 to 1400 Bar). The different subsystems of the DWT Calibration System consist of the following :
1. Pneumatic Dual Base System Model P7120 with piston cylinder unit of range0.025 to 35 Bar and accuracy class 0.0055% reading accuracy class 0.0055% reading with traceability to NIST.
2. Hydraulic Dual Base System Model P7300 with 2 piston cylinder (LP/HP) units of ranges 2 – 70 Bar and 70 – 1400 Bar and accuracy class 0.005% reading with traceability to NIST.
3. Mass Set : This consists of nominal masses WT3 covering a range up to 100 Bar and F2 Trim Mass Set.
4. Additional Equipment include the Ruska 2455 – 2470 adaptor kit with 2 float sensor and RTD thermometer for both hydraulic and pneumatic sections.
5. Ruska 2455 Dead Weight Gauge Monitor with Ruska with Prompt software
6. Precision Electronic Balances Sartorius Make Model LP120005 – 0CE of range12000g with readability of 0.1 g and Model LP 1200S – 0 CE of range 1200 g with readability of 0.001 g.
In this method, using the pressure balance between the Standard Piston and the under Test Piston with known masses the effective cross-section area of UUT is calculated as a function of different pressures. The actual balance when floatation occurs is sensed electronically using inductive type sensors, with a Ruska Cross Float Indicator. The actual masses can be computed with Digital Precision balances. Thus one can calibrate DWTs by the Primary Cross Float Method. In this method, using the pressure balance between the Standard Piston and the under Test Piston with known masses the effective cross-section area of UUT is calculated as a function of different pressures. The actual balance when floatation occurs is sensed electronically using inductive type sensors, with a Ruska Cross Float Indicator. The actual masses can be computed with Digital Precision balances. Thus one can calibrate DWTs by the Primary Cross Float Method. Corrections applied are for gravity, temperature, buoyancy fluid density and computations are accomplished using the Win Prompt Calibration Software. The Win Prompt Calibration Software increases calibration efficiency by providing full-colour windows-based measurement and also in endowed with the capability for customizing calibration procedures and reports. The software stores all the calibration coefficients for working standards, including piston/cylinder effective area, thermal coefficient of expansion, pressure deformation coefficients and all calibrated mass values. It includes environmental parameters, including local gravity, head corrections and ambient air density. It also performs the necessary calculations of pressure-to-mass and mass-o-pressure in both English and ST units. The above integrated system for calibration of DWTs affords ease of use, very high accuracy and precision.
Pressure Laboratory: -
Commissioned very low pressure controller/Calibrator, Make : Ruska, Model : 7250 IP. Range : 0 to 10 InWC & 0 to 30 InWC. with an uncertainty ± 0.02% of reading.
Calibration of Magnehelic Gauges, low pressure Gauges, Manometers, Indicators, & in low pressure instruments mainly used in pharmaceutical industries etc.
|1.||Budenberg Hydraulic Dead Weight Tester Model 380H||0 - 1200 kg/cm2||± 0.05% of the pressure being measured|
|2.||Budenberg Hydraulic Dead Weight Teste||100 – 3500 kg/cm2||± 0.05% of the pressure being measured|
|3.||Budenberg Air Dead Weight Tester Model 350A||1 to 1 kg/cm2||± 0.12% of the pressure being measured|
|4.||Budenberg Air Dead Weight Tester Model 452||0.1 to 7 kg/cm2||-|
Range :1) 1 mg to 12000 gm (BMC : 6 µg to 150 µg)
2) 20 kg 1500 kg (BMC : 1.1 kg)
- Precision & Analytical Balance
- Precision & Analytical Weights
- Cast Iron Weights / Weighing Platform
Volume Calibration (NABL Accredited Laboratory)
Range : 1ml to 800 ml, BMC : 0.8µl to 169 µl Calibration of
- Volumetric Flask, Burette
The important objectives of Lab are:
1) Calibration of instruments
2) Job Inspection
3) Dimensional verification of Tools, Profile
DML Lab offers a wide range of calibration services under NABL scope :
- Vernier Calipers
- External Micrometer
- Inside Micrometer
- Dial Gauges(Plunger/ Lever type)
- Height Gauges
- Feeler Gauges set
- Measuring Scale
- Measuring Tape
- Bore Dial Gauge
- Bevel Protector
- Electronic Height Gauge
- Plain Plug Gauge
- Depth Micrometer
- Thickness Gauge
- Pin Gauge
- Depth Gauge
- Caliper Checker
- Micrometer Head
- Length Bar / Setting Rod
- Electronic Height Gauge
- Universal measuring machine
- Profile Projector
- Height Gauge
- Plain Ring Gauges
- Snap Gauges
- Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
- Radius Gauge
GIVE US A CALL to learn more about our full list of calibration services.COORDINATE MEASURING MACHINE
- Model : Global Performance
- Size : 900mm x 1500mm x 800mm
- Loading Capacity : 1500Kg
- TESASTAR-m Motorized Probe Head with 5 degree indexing facility.
- SP25M & TP200 advance probing system
- Equiped with the PC-DMIS CAD DCC Software
- Reverse engineering for unknown surfaces and features
- 3D Digitizing & Scanning.
- CAD Comparision.
- Excellent for Inspection of geometrical elements, complex forms & profiles with the complete description of feature geometry including dimension, location & form.
- The Pumps covered are horizontal centrifugal, (IS 6595) and monoset Pumps as per IS 9079 and Regenerative pumps for clear & cold water IS 8472.
- This facility is capable of Pump Testing as per IS 9079, IS 8472, IS 6595.
The Capacities of the pump for testing that we can test are as follows :Deliver size : 15 mm to 80 mm.
Suction size : 15 mm to 125 mm.
Flanges : DIN Nd 16 DIN 2533
Flow rate : 50 lps max
Head : 100 meter.
- Pipe Sizes from 2” to 8” pipe lines.
- Flow Rates 1.5 m3/hr to 240 m3/hr.
- Best Measurement capability ±0.3%.
- Site Calibration using Calibration by ultrasonic flow meter, BMC ±2%.
- NABL, Accreditation of Flow Lab. as per ISO 17025.
- Calibration by Gravimetric Method.